POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Lighting : Re: Lighting Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:30:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighting
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 6 Feb 2004 10:27:27
Message: <cjameshuff-5E6769.10274006022004@news.povray.org>
In article <402320ab$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Dan P" <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> Thanks for the tip! It makes sense to make the actual liquid itself the
> color and not just the skin around the outside. The reason I did it that way
> was for speed, really; I find interior media to really slow down my
> renderings and I like to do a lot of animation with motion blurs so I throw
> out a lot of frames. However, for a still-shot, I think Chris is definitely
> right here -- it'll make the light interact with the coffee better.

Absorbing media will have a much lesser impact on speed than scattering
media, especially when there's no variation in density to sample. And
interior attenuation is very fast, because it never has to handle
variable density and can use a much simpler method to compute the
attenuation.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/